Vinyl fences provide strength, easy maintenance, and many options for customization in color and design.
An example of our beautiful white vinyl fence with custom caps.
Advantages of vinyl include:
- Vinyl typically lasts much longer than wooden fence and is nearly 5 times stronger than wood. This means you will be getting more for your money and are investing in something that should last a lifetime.
- Vinyl maintains it’s look and does not require painting. Most vinyl is the same color through the entire depth of the material and therefore does not need to be refinished ever.
- Vinyl is easy to clean with basic household cleaning materials.
- Vinyl does not decompose like wood and is rust free. Vinyl does not hold moisture so there is no rot. Vinyl material is built to last and maintains is original condition for years.
- Vinyl is flexible and will not snap or break off as easily as wood. It is about five times stronger than wood.
- Vinyl is very low maintenance and has become a very popular look in the northeast. In addition to these benefits vinyl is also available in a large variety of styles, color, and size to fit your needs!
An example of a stylish design with picket topped vinyl.
Disadvantages of vinyl include:
- Vinyl is one of the more expensive fencing solutions available. If you are on a budget it may not be right for you.
- Should your vinyl fence be damaged it can be more difficult to replace and could require the work of a professional for repairing even a small section of fence. However it is one of the more durable material options.
- Some vinyl fencing can fade in extreme weather. Be sure to research the type of vinyl and find out if the color will change when exposed to the elements. Recent advances in technology have addressed these concerns but it is still good to understand what you are purchasing.
Post and Rail Vinyl
Vinyl Privacy Fence
Vinyl Shadow Box Style
Vinyl Closed Picket
Lattice Topped Vinyl
Scalloped Topped Picket
In general Vinyl is an excellent fencing solution and in most instances the advantages can outweigh the disadvantages. The most important thing is to do your research and make sure you are purchasing the right type of fence for your needs. Be sure to inquire if the manufacturer offers warranties as many do offer some limited lifetime warranties on their products.